I’m all about letting curiosity lead to all kinds of random adventures.
- started my own business and sold products around the country (inc. Crate & Barrel).
- been on national TV (PBS’s Ask This Old House).
- spent summers with Newsweek and the Foreign Commercial Service in Belgium.
- traveled extensively and lived all over the U.S. (though now settled in Australia).
- learned entrepreneurial skills from Martha Stewart and her MSLO crew.
- married a submarine officer and had delightfully redheaded children.
- volunteered like a mother.
I earned my Bachelor of Science in Graphic Communications Management from Carnegie Mellon University and I have an MBA with an emphasis on Economics and Marketing from the University of Arkansas (which I attended with a full academic scholarship). However, I’m most proud of being the only girl on my 7th grade Mathcounts team. (We went to State, people!) I’m a huge fan of libraries, comedy, kids, and anything homemade, vintage or French.
I’m now writing books – mostly for children – though I am also nearing completion on a nonfiction guide to one of my passions, garage saling.